Our contact details
Name: Productcaster is part of Summit Media 2.0 Ltd
Address: Building 4 @TheDock, 31-38 Queen Street, Fruit Market, Hull, HU1 1UU
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk) should you feel that we are not processing your data in compliance with the legislation. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. We may also contact you from time to time to ensure our records are up to date.
The type of personal information we collect
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store, and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title.
- Contact Data includes email address and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, cookies, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products, and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity and Contact by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- make an inquiry about our products and services
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion, or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources such as:
- Social Media networks
- Advertising partnerships
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- advertising networks such as Retail Week based inside the EU; and
- search information providers based inside the EU.
How we use your personal data
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract or taking steps to enter in to a contract with you, provision of a service to you which you’ve asked us to provide, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account including sending service based communications.
- Supplying our products and/or services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email and/or post that you have requested.
- With your permission and/or where it is in our legitimate interest, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email with information, news, and offers on our products and/or services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each of our emails, or by emailing us directly to request removal).
- To send you surveys and ask for your feedback by email.
We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out from marketing and surveys
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, product/service experience or other transactions.
Disclosures of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table Purposes for which we will use your personal data above.
- Internal Third Parties to inform you of other services and offers from Productcaster and/or Summit Media 2.0 Ltd that we think are relevant to you.
- External Third Parties as set out below:
- Service providers acting as processors based inside the EU who carry out services on our behalf that may include payment processing, delivery, and marketing.
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the United Kingdom who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long we will keep your personal data for
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our retention policy which you can request from us by contacting us. Broadly speaking it is unlikely that we would retain your data beyond 7 years after the end of any business relationship between us.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Your legal rights below for further information.
In some circumstances we will anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us using the details provided above.